Skip to main content

WAYS TO BE FREE FROM ANGER by Pastor Judith Daniel Imagoro



1. DISCUSES THE PROBLEM WHEN POSSIBLE
When you are offended one of the ways to easily let go is by discussing it, but when that is not possible write it down on a paper, in form of a letter, write down your pain and everything you feel, and by the time you are trough it will look like you have dropped your pain on a paper. When it is possible send it to your offender, but if that will cause more troubles, mainly writing it down on paper is a relief therapy.
2.    UNDERSTAND YOUR OFFENDER
This is one secret that have helped in my life personally and still helping me, anytime anyone offends me, I make excuses for them. While I was growing up, I was excepting so much love and care from my siblings, I felt I was mistreated, I wanted to been shown so much love and care, but I was only expecting from them what they never experience themselves. No one can give you what they do not have, they were not raised and treated the way I wanted them to treat me, in the environment I grew up, it was normal to mock people, they laugh at them and tease them, and that was what I went through all through my childhood. I was teased, I was mocked, and I was physically abused, and that in my heart was almost giving me a low self esteem, but by the time I grew up and meet Jesus, He healed me and made me to understand my offenders. The moment I understood my so called offenders, I loved them back and that drilled up my anger tank. You have to deliberately learn how to understand your offenders. That took me to the lady I counsel years ago, she came to my office and felt so humiliated by her husband’s action. She told me my husband is a fairly responsible and a nice person, everybody respects him but I don’t know why he will do everything to pay for sex. And while I was having that discussion with her, I told her to go back and find the background of her husband, she returned weeks later and she told me “I have found it”. While her husband was growing up, there was a motel just closed to her husband’s house, and all through his child hood he was use to seeing people he had respect for go there to pay for sex, at the age of twelve he was already stealing money from home to go there to sleep with older women and at the time I was having this discussion with this lady, her husband was thirty-nine years old. There is no way it is going to be easy to go off that habit, just like that. It takes longer for you to go out of a habit, than it took for you to learn it. It is just like someone addicted to cocaine, it will take a long time for them to go off that habit. The moment I helped her understand the background of her husband, she was no longer angry at him, rather she was looking for a way to help her husband go off that habit. If you will learn to understand your offender, it will help you not to that mad at them.
3.    FORGIVE YOUR OFFENDER
Forgive even if you can’t understand why the person treated you wrongly, the word of God says; forgiving one another, if any man has a quarrel against any, even as Christ forgive you, so also do, forgiveness is not an option but a commandment, forgiveness is the gift you give to someone that they do not deserve it. No marriage or relationship can survive without forgiveness, I will always say; that marriage is the coming together of two givers and two forgivers, because your spouse will offend you more than anything in the word but if you learn to forgive you will have a wonderful marriage. A lot of people think that adultery is the licenses for divorce, yes, there was a place it was mentioned in the Bible, but in that same verse Jesus was telling them, because your heart is harden. God sees you when you deliberately make up your mind to sin against him, yet HE finds a place in his heart to forgive you, the Bible says in Isaiah; that God is your husband now, so the same way a husband will feel betrayed when a wife cheat on him, that is the same way God feels anytime you betray him and sin against him, but yet he finds a way to forgive you he expects you to do the same to another person, forgiveness is the only road to a joyful marriage. You have to learn to forgive you spouse. God wants us to live our life just the way nature is, naturally morning will give way for noon, and noon will give way for evening, no matter how hot the noon is it will not disturb the place of the evening. But if you choose to tire yourself to the noon, you will not be able to enjoy the calmness and the glory of evening. Do not allow any person to put your life on a spot, because of hurt and offence, forgiveness is a relief pill but un-forgiveness will put your life on a spot for a long time, you can choose to respond to offence, you can choose to ignore it, the choice is yours.
4.    LOOK FOR A PEAR IN THE OFFENCE
I read a story of a renowned married counselor Gary Smalley who had a troublesome co-worker that led him to discover his gift. Personally I am fulfilling my assignment today, because of all what I have been through in life, and my last boss I worked with as a banker was the final push. He was so insulting that I started thinking and looking inward on how to use the gift God gave me to impart the world rather than to sitting with a boss who thinks I am useless, as a result of his actions, I made a choice of not to allow another person to take the driver sit of my life. Today I have found a peal in that offence. I am thankful to him, rather than be angry at him. The same boss now follow me on Facebook, sometime ago he wrote me and said; “I am so proud of you, I could see the work you are doing”. Do not allow an offence to keep you at a spot, rather look for a treasure out of that offence. Anger can distance you from people, yourself and from God. Anger can lower your self-esteem. Making choice today to be free from anger, the bible says be anxious for nothing, because he knows exactly what anxiousness can do to you. Anxiousness that resolves form anger can freeze your relationship, your health and rob you of your inside.
5.    DEVELOP SELF CONTROL
Sometime you may not be able immediately control the emotions of anger, you can control what you do, if you really want to. You have to deliberately stop anger from robbing your life blessing. A lady called me some time ago after reading one of my articles she said to me; “My mouth have ended every relationship I went into” she said when I am angry, I say very nasty things to them and even when I am sorry thereafter, they still walk away, she said I don’t know what to do. I told her, it’s simple; control what you say when you are angry, now we know your enemy, then stop your enemy from robbing you. Anger can rob any good relationship. Another lady had a confrontation with her husband to be, and she said to him; “when you die I will come to your funeral”, the young man said on no account will I marry this woman, and that was the end of that relationship. You have to deliberately stop anger form robbing you. On another occasions sometime ago a couple came to my office and the wife at that time wanted to leave the marriage, somehow they got to know about me and they contacted me, while I was talking to the wife, I said; why do you want to leave your marriage? She said to me my husband hits me at any slides provocation and when I was asking the husband, why do you always beat your wife up? He said; pastor I don’t know, when I get angry I just can’t control myself, before you know it I am beating her. And the Holy Spirit ministered to me what to say to him, I said, the bible says; anger is in the bosom of a fool, I asked, are you a fool sir? The said No, I said anytime you are tempted to hit your wife ask yourself that question, am I a fool, if the answer is, go ahead and hit her but if you know the answer is No then don’t hit her, and I also told them a lot of things to do to resolve their problem. After sometime about six seven months, they called me back and the wife said can you imagine my husband has not hit me since we left your office, and when the husband was talking to me, he said; that word keep resounding in my spirit, that anger is in the bosom of a fool, and because I know I am not a fool, I have refuse to do what anger wants me to do. Don’t allow anger to rob you destiny develop a self control, and you will put anger where it belong.

by Pastor Judith Daniel Imagoro


follow and like
Facebook           Instagram           Twitter

Dont Forget To Read

FEMALES HABITS THAT DESTROYS THEIR RELATIONSHIP

Being in a relationship is an amazing experience, yet there comes a time when even the most patient, caring, and loving partner just loses his temper. Women usually don’t realize that some of the small, quirky habits they have actually drive men insane. And the deeper you explore various female habits that irritate men, the more issues come to light. Some of them are quite obvious like being late all the time, while others are much more subtle and can remain unnoticed by women for years. Men can tolerate a lot, but why don’t you ladies try making their our life at least a little bit easier? Especially when those men are your boyfriends and husbands. Here are 10 annoying female habits that drive guys crazy:- 1. Being late all the time: Some people are just chronically late, no matter male or female. Nevertheless, girls tend to take more time preparing, especially when it comes to events like going to the church together, events or having that very special reservation at the...

WHY WOMEN CHEAT IN MARRIAGE

  It is humane enough to give into temptations; emotions can be wild and desires like an untamed child. They can make you put all logic, rationale and ethics into the back burner. It takes a lot of effort and not to mention. one has to endure a different kind of pain altogether when one decides to side with morality. It is the pain of never knowing how the forbidden fruit would taste. Whatever it is, infidelity or loyalty is a personal choice. But to say married women cheat is a wrong and unethical statement. Well, not all married women but why some married women cheat is what we are getting at. Sometimes even women who have the picture perfect life find it difficult to resist the love seeks them out of the wedlock. knowing what makes women fall into extramarital relationships, sometimes despite living a perfectly happy married life. Here he cites few reasons:- 1.        Sheer boredom: They say variety is the spice of life for a reason...

Eddie Jazz Genesis Album

The album has been on project since last year, with the last interview with Eddie Jazz , he told just imagine nigeria that his album is almost ready. Yesterday he drop a mixtape titled jagaban which official song was done by ycee. We will be hitting you with the download link any time from now.

SECRET THAT PLEASES GOD, YOUR SPOUSE AND OPEN YOUR HEAVEN

FAITH           Faith is the ability to concise yourself that something positive will happen in the future, even if there is nothing or present clue that it will happen, and every marriage that end up in the rust is as a result of lake of faith. They stop believing they stop hoping, that any change will happen in the future, so that is why they end up in devious. Faith is very important if you want to keep your marriage to the end. The bible tells us what faith is, it says “faith is the substance hoped for, evidence of things not yet seen” by this elders obtain good report. Through faith we understand that the world was formed by the word of God, which are seen and make out of things not seen, in my own word, it is what you hold in what you believe God for. The bible said without faith it’s impossible to please God, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. If you want to please Go...

PEER PRESSURE & DRUGS

Positive peer pressure will almost always push a person to discover their capabilities and strengths. On the other hand, negative peer pressure can lead to habits that are both cyclical and damaging. Alcohol and drugs, for example, are usually used in group settings. Early drug abuse often includes tobacco, alcohol, inhalants, marijuana, and prescription drugs such as sleeping pills or anti-anxiety medications. The National Household Survey on Drug Abuse shows that abuse of drugs in late childhood and early adolescence is associated with long-term drug involvement. Avoiding substance abuse as young adults is paramount to preventing detrimental habits later in life.