Skip to main content

My daughter is six years old and is in grade one. We live about a kilometer away from school so everyday okada man whom we are familiar with takes her to school and returns her home in the afternoon because both my husband and I are working and we leave home early, just after she goes to school.

One day when I was at work I received a call from her class teacher requesting me to avail myself there as soon as was possible.

“What happened to Angel?” I questioned anxiously.

“Nothing to panic about, just make sure you come before we break up for the day.”

Of course I panicked. This had to do with my daughter and I was worried sick about her. I immediately excused myself from work and hurriedly took the first transport available. I burst into the classroom panting and sweating.

“Mama Angel,” The teacher started. “We will talk about this privately.” She led the way to an empty office and I followed meekly.

“Do you see your child off when she comes to school?” Was her first question.

I didn’t know where this was leading to, so I just replied with a short “Yes.”

“What time does she leave home?”

“She gets picked up a bit early because I have to rush to work. So around 7:00 to 7:15 a.m.

“How does she behave then?”

“She behaves normally.”

“I want you to brace yourself with what I’m about to tell you.

Are you ready?”

Did I really have a choice? I just nodded.

“Angel arrives here around 8:30 every day,” she started calmly. “For some time, she has been coming to school in tears every morning. First I thought it was because she didn’t want to come to school. Several times I asked her what the matter was but she didn’t give me a reply. Today when she arrived she was crying as usual so I took her aside, gave her some sweets and promised her some more tomorrow.

Then I asked her in a very friendly tone why she cries every day and the answer shocked me.”

She took a breath while looking at me and the anxiety almost killed me.

“Mama Angel,” she continued with caution. “The okada man has been raping your daughter every morning for some time now.”

“What!” I almost fainted. I surely would have fallen down if I had been standing. For God’s sake, Angel was only six! How heartless can some men be?

“Every day after picking her and before coming here, he would take Angel to his house, rape her and threaten to kill her if she ever tried to tell anyone. Then he’d bring her to school.”

I felt dizzy. Why? Why my little Angel? I was sweating. My whole body was shaking.

“Should I call your husband?”

“No!” I shouted. He might do anything.

 Patience was something alien to him. I had to find a way of breaking the news to him. After a while, I decided to call his sister. Together we could try to talk to him.

The news shattered my husband. He cried uncontrollably. Then he got so furious that he swore he would strangle him, but we told him not to take matters into his own hands and just leave the law to do its work. We reported the matter to the police. We gave them the details of the boda boda man. They caught and took him in. We took Angel to the hospital after getting a p3 form from the police.

He was found guilty of raping our little girl a multiple number of times and was sentenced to a twenty year jail term.

Absolutely no one should be trusted with our girls. Take time to drop your kids to school, be friendly with them, teach them to be polite but never to trust strangers, ask them about their day and always make them trust you enough to open up in case of any unusual incident.

Dont Forget To Read

A GENERATION WORST THAN SODOM AND GOMORRAH

Sodom and Gomorrah seems to be more decent than this generation. Criminals are now celebrated as Yahoo boys... It is no longer prostitute but slay queen... It is no longer bleaching but glowing... no longer ritualist. Blood money is now Yahoo plus... Drug dealers are now called hustlers... An harlot is now a runs girl... Church workers now comment on immorality post in the name of freaky-freaky... It is no longer fornication but love making... Even rudeness is now savage... pride is now small girls with big God... Gambling has been upgraded to bet naija. Pornography is now recognize as BBNIJA... Premarital sex is now the main prove of love... Can you see how they have upgraded human killings to be politics? Most of these evil acts are done because of grace message. Virginity that was the most expensive asset is now cheaper than a plate of food. I have seen ladies who denial guys access to their ATM pin, account balance, their birth certificate, but yet give them easy access to ...

WHY WOMEN CHEAT IN MARRIAGE

  It is humane enough to give into temptations; emotions can be wild and desires like an untamed child. They can make you put all logic, rationale and ethics into the back burner. It takes a lot of effort and not to mention. one has to endure a different kind of pain altogether when one decides to side with morality. It is the pain of never knowing how the forbidden fruit would taste. Whatever it is, infidelity or loyalty is a personal choice. But to say married women cheat is a wrong and unethical statement. Well, not all married women but why some married women cheat is what we are getting at. Sometimes even women who have the picture perfect life find it difficult to resist the love seeks them out of the wedlock. knowing what makes women fall into extramarital relationships, sometimes despite living a perfectly happy married life. Here he cites few reasons:- 1.        Sheer boredom: They say variety is the spice of life for a reason...

Eddie Jazz Genesis Album

The album has been on project since last year, with the last interview with Eddie Jazz , he told just imagine nigeria that his album is almost ready. Yesterday he drop a mixtape titled jagaban which official song was done by ycee. We will be hitting you with the download link any time from now.

FEMALES HABITS THAT DESTROYS THEIR RELATIONSHIP

Being in a relationship is an amazing experience, yet there comes a time when even the most patient, caring, and loving partner just loses his temper. Women usually don’t realize that some of the small, quirky habits they have actually drive men insane. And the deeper you explore various female habits that irritate men, the more issues come to light. Some of them are quite obvious like being late all the time, while others are much more subtle and can remain unnoticed by women for years. Men can tolerate a lot, but why don’t you ladies try making their our life at least a little bit easier? Especially when those men are your boyfriends and husbands. Here are 10 annoying female habits that drive guys crazy:- 1. Being late all the time: Some people are just chronically late, no matter male or female. Nevertheless, girls tend to take more time preparing, especially when it comes to events like going to the church together, events or having that very special reservation at the...

DISAPPEARANCE

Its disappeared, yes its went with the owl. its wasn't empty, but in form of it, it came nothing. odd I couldn't breathe but just keep an open eye with an idea of something different even though disappearance was the perfect conversation to be certain at this moment, I took myself away of that aura of unnecessary emotion and laid myself out with beautiful forwarding steps.